Embossed Paper Design

Friday, February 4, 2011

Which way do I go??

TWO TODDLERS!  Oy vey ... the twins are walking!

Jakob started biped mobility about three weeks ago, and I have to say I am surprised and pleased to say we have no dents in the walls, and can only report one shiner to date.  I really hope I didn't just jinx anything!  It has been so exciting watching him go ... the little man loves to move purely for the sake of movement.  He will walk from the family room to the kitchen and back twenty times simply because he can.  It's quite amusing!  In fact the most recent favorite is to "pack his bag" and head to the door!  Whether it's a single toy, or a paper bag full of little gems, Jakob loves to get himself ready to go and announce "bye-bye" as he takes off.  Needless to say, we also have to keep the front door locked!!

The real adventure began about five days ago when little miss Taylor decided that she couldn't let her brother get too far ahead of her nor have all the fun.  She is so proud of herself!  Her smile and excited squeal could bring joy to the saddest of faces!

Here is the catch ... two toddlers, one mama ... and they know I am outnumbered!  These two little monkeys are having a blast making mama run circles to keep them out of trouble.  Just the other day, they were both at the bottom of the stairs and it was as though they counted 1,2,3 and off they went in two opposite directions as fast as their little legs will take them ... one up the stairs ... and one into a drawer of items they have been told "no touch" DOZENS of times.  I am witness to the claim that twins create their own language!

There are some days when the madness of raising twins makes me cry, or want to scream (ok, so sometimes I actually do).  And every day I fall into bed, and every morning I wake up begging for more time to sleep.  But more often than not, it just makes me smile ... because it's a circus ... but at least it's my circus and the two ring leaders are two of the most adorable "monkeys" I have ever seen!

2 comments:

  1. Amy! I love that you have this blog. I'm excited to follow along and hear all about your family's adventures. I can only imagine what life is like with TWO monkeys. My hands are full with just the one (although I think he has the energy of two... My kid is crazy!) I'm sure it's exhausting but I just have to say, you are doing a WONDERFUL job!! These two are growing beautifully, they are happy and they are simply perfect. I can't wait to hear more about the trouble– and joy!– they cause for you and Dave :)

    ReplyDelete