Embossed Paper Design

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Lesson learned!

After getting over my initial frustration with the situation, I realized the events following bath time the other night were actually too comical not to share...

Bath time with the Pearson twins usually mimics something resembling a circus ... especially when given by only one parent.  There are shrieks of excitement, lots of splashing, and after being toweled off, two very adorable naked babies running wild as if they have just escaped from the zoo.  I have become slightly more skilled at giving baths solo, and one trick I have up my sleeve is to lock the bathroom door in an attempt to contain the madness.  So the other night I did just that.  I locked myself and two crazy monkeys in the bathroom but realized after they were slish-splashing around that I forgot the PJ's and even more importantly the diapers that need to immediately follow.  I foolishly thought to myself that this would be no problem.

Twenty minutes later the twins are out of the tub, toweled off, and getting their hair dried.  "Wow, someone keeps tooting ... it's getting a little smelly in here!" I thought to myself.  Just then, Jakob says, "icky mama, icky" while handing me a large piece of ... well I am sure you can figure out what was in his tiny hand.  I have to admit, I was not prepared to have to take poop from my child's hand when I decided to become a parent.  Silly me didn't realize that was part of my duties!  Anyway, I tossed the feces in the toilet and immediately washed both our hands.  As I was surveying how much of a mess I had to clean up and if there were any more "surprises" to be found on the floor Jakob totaled to the toilet and peed ... all over the floor.  Two for two Mr. Jakob!!

After finally getting the messes cleaned up, both kids in jammies (and of course diapers), teeth brushed, stories read, and munchkins tucked into bed, I gently closed their door and said ...

"I NEED A DRINK!".

1 comment:

  1. Oh my friend!!! I am dying of laughter. I can only imagine the thoughts racing through your mind as Jakob hands you a piece of poo!

    ReplyDelete