That is the title of a fabulous cookbook I came across. Admittedly, it is from one of my very guilty pleasure of a store, Williams Sonoma, and I am not one that can resist the artful combination of two of my most favorite things!
I cracked open this masterpiece last night for dinner and here is what I made! I didn't follow the recipe perfectly because I didn't have all the ingredients on hand, but it turned out delightful. I hope you enjoy! CHEERS!!!
Halibut with Spring Vegetable Ragout
2 Yukon Gold Potatoes
1 package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
1 leek, white part only, cut into 1/2" slices
3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1 3/4 cup chicken broth
1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
1 bay leaf
salt and pepper
pinch red pepper flakes
2 slices of thick-cut bacon, cut into 1/2" pieces
1/2 lb mixed mushrooms, cut into 1/2" pieces
1 tbsp sherry vinegar
1 tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 lb skinless halibut fillets
2 tbsp minced fresh parsley
Peel the potatoes and cut them into 3/4" cubes. In a large saucepan, combine the potatoes, artichokes, leek, garlic, broth, thyme, bay leaf, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer until the vegetables are tender, 10-12 minutes.
While the vegetables are cooking, in a frying pan, cook the bacon until crisp. Transfer to paper towels to drain. Add the mushrooms to the remaining bacon fat and season with salt and pepper. Saute the mushrooms until tender and lightly browned. Add the vinegar and cook for 1 minute. Remove from the heat.
When the vegetables are ready, remove from the heat and remove and discard the bay leaf. Stir in the mushrooms and cover to keep warm.
Coat a large nonstick fry pan with olive oil and heat. Add the halibut and saute, turning once, until nicely browned on both sides and opaque throughout, about 8 minutes total. Transfer the halibut to a cutting board and cut fillets into large equal pieces.
Divide the vegetable mixture among bowls and top with halibut pieces. Garnish with reserved back and parsley.
wine pairing - A bone dry rose which will take on a pleasantly sweet taste from the reaction with the artichokes (specifically states "a Pinot Noir Rose from Oregon"!).
Amy...I am so excited to see that you are blogging. I miss you so much and can't believe that you are now on the East Coast. Congrats to the whole family on the promotion...hope that you are well. We will have to meet those "babies" soon.
ReplyDeleteLove, Christina
Hi Honey, That sounds yummy!! I may give it a try this Friday. Love You!! Mom
ReplyDelete